Olive Oil Recipes
Grilled Peaches with Balsamic
Heat grill to medium-high. Drizzle peaches and nectarines with olive oil and grill, cut sides down. Pull them of once they are juicy and charred, about 2 to 4 minutes. Remove with a spatula. Serve over vanilla ice cream and drizzle with your favorite Balsamic Vinegar (we like to use our Peach but Fig and Traditional are just as lovely!) Get creative and garnish with pomegranate or pistachios! YUM!
- ½ head red cabbage, shredded
- ½ head green cabbage, shredded
- 1 bunch radishes, trimmed and cut in slices
- ½ cup sesame or sunflower seeds
- ½ cup fresh parsley,chopped
- ½ cup Cosimano & Ferrari Ascolano
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 2-3 garlic cloves, chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Place the shredded cabbage in a large bowl.
- Add the radishes, nuts,and parsley.
- It can be covered and refrigerated at this point.
- Combine the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic,salt and pepper. Shake to mix.
- Before serving add the dressing and mix thoroughly..
Rubbed Brazilian Halibut
4 Fillets of Halibut (can subsubstitute for any of your favorite fatty white fish)
1 Tbsp. Cumin seeds, roasted & ground
1 Tbsp. Pink Peppercorns, crushed
4 cups Arugula – washed & dried
4 Mandarin oranges- zest first (reserve for garnish), then peeled and sectioned
4 Tbsp. Chopped Walnuts
1 tsp. Dijon Mustard
¼ cup Rice wine vinegar
¼ cup Cosimano Mandarin or Blood Orange Olive Oil
Chili flake- pinch (for vinaigrette)
Cosimano Olive Oil (we recommend our Cosi Blend or any of your favorite Cosimano single Varietal)
- Season Halibut with salt then rub with cumin & peppercorns. Set aside.
- Make vinaigrette: mix 1 tsp Dijon, pinch of chili flake & rice wine vinegar. Then whisk in Cosimano Mandarin or Blood Orange oil, very slowly.
- In sauté pan, add walnuts & drizzle with a teaspoon of Cosi Blend, and salt to taste. Lightly toast over low heat until crispy. Do NOT over toast.
- In a very hot large sauté pan, sear the Halibut in olive oil, then place in a pre-heated 350 degree oven until tender (approx. 10 minutes).
- While the fish is in the oven, toss arugula & oranges in vinaigrette.
- Place finished fish on platter and arrange arugula & oranges around them.
- Sprinkle the arugula with toasted red walnuts & drizzle extra vinaigrette. Garnish with parsley leaves, mandarin zest & sea salt.
Herb Marinated Olive Medley
• 1 1/2 cups of Olive Variety
• 1 cup Cosimano Arbequina Olive Oil
• 4 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
• 4 bay leaves, torn into pieces
• 1 teaspoon each; coriander seeds, dried basil, rosemary, thyme
• 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
• Sun-dried tomatoes, julienned
• 1/4 cup of Cosimano White Balsamic
• Shaved fennel for decoration
In a large bowl combine all ingredients and stir well to combine. Add shaved fennel and fresh herbs at will. Serve.
Don’t discard the remaining olive oil after the olives are gone — it it delicious served as a dipping oil for crusty French bread or drizzled
over pasta or grilled vegetables.
Simple Smooth Hummus
Making hummus at home is easy and fast. This recipe calls for tahini which you can usually find in larger grocery stores. Use your favorite infused olive oils to create a trio of hummus dips for a party or make one large batch of YOUR favorite.
• 1/2 to 1 tsp Sea Salt
• 1/2 tsp ground cumin
• 2-3 Tbsp water
• Dash of ground paprika and additional olive oil for serving
*As you add ingredients to your food processor, process each step for about 30 seconds and be sure to stop and scrape the sides of the bowl and process for an additional 30 seconds. Repeat this for each step to ensure you are blending evenly.
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine tahini and lemon juice.
- Add 2 Tbsps of your choice of infused olive oil, garlic, basil or lemon.
- Add the cumin and the salt.
- Open can of chickpeas, drain liquid into a separate bowl. Add half of the chickpeas to the food processor then process for 1 minute.
- Most likely the hummus will be too thick or still have grainy bits of chickpea. To fix this, turn on the food processor and slowly add the reserved liquid from the chickpeas gradually.
- Scrape the hummus into a bowl then drizzle about 1 Tbsp of additional oil over the top and sprinkle with a dash of paprika.
- Garnish and serve
Chocolate Olive Oil Mousse
6 oz. bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
3 egg yolks
1/4 cup Cosimano Chocolate Olive Oil
3 Tbsp warm water
1/4 tsp. sea salt
2 egg whites
1/8 tsp. cream of tartar
1/4 cup sugar
Chocolate shavings for serving (optional)
Put the chopped chocolate in a heatproof bowl and set over but not touching barely simmering water in a saucepan. Stir the chocolate until melted and smooth. Remove from the heat and whisk in the egg yolks, olive oil, warm water and salt until well blended.
In a clean bowl, using an electric mixer set on medium-high speed, beat the egg whites with the cream of tartar until frothy. Add the sugar and continue beating until the mixture forms soft peaks. Fold about one-third of the egg whites into the chocolate mixture until no white streaks remain. Gently fold in the remaining whites until well incorporated.
Spoon the mousse into 4 custard cups, dividing evenly. Refrigerate until well chilled, at least 4 hours or up to overnight. Sprinkle with the chocolate shavings and serve immediately!
Sticky Balsamic Glazed Drumsticks
1 cup Cosimano Dark Cherry Balsamic
1 cup honey
1cup brown sugar
1/2 cup soy sauce
10 to 12 chicken drumsticks
Preheat oven to 450 Degrees
- Combine the Dark Cherry Balsamic, honey, brown sugar, and soy sauce, in a mixing bowl — in a separate bowl pour enough of the marinade to coat the chicken and place in a dish or ziploc bag marinate for 2 hours. Reserve the rest of the marinade.
- Place the drumsticks on a foil-lined baking sheet and bake until the skin is caramelized, about 30 to 35 minutes.
- Place the remaining marinade in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to simmer and cook over low until thick, about 15 minutes.
- Use a pastry brush to paint the marinade on the cooked chicken.
Serve and Enjoy!
*Recipe courtesy of Lynn Cilano Asermily
Cranberry Blood Orange Salad
3/4 blood orange olive oil
6 Tablespoons cranberry balsamic
1/4 c orange juice
Combine ingredients and whisk or shake well in a covered container. This makes enough dressing for at least two salads.
11 oz pkg of field greens
1 large orange, peeled, sectioned and cut into bite size pieces
½-¾ c dried cranberries
½-¾ c roasted pecans
2-4 ounces of bleu cheese
Combine salad ingredients and toss with salad dressing.
Crunchy Chickpeas with Rosemary Olive Oil
- 2 15-ounce cans of chickpeas, drained, rinsed, and dried
- 2 tablespoons Rosemary Olive Oil
- 1Tbsp finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
Preheat oven to 400º. Toss the chickpeas with oil and seasoning. Spread on a large baking sheet and bake, uncovered, for 45 minutes, or until golden brown and crunchy.
Espresso Balsamic Glazed Steak Bites
• 2 (3/4 inch thick) boneless ribeye or skirt steak
• 1 teaspoon of your favorite Cosimano EVOO
• Salt and Pepper to taste
• 4 Tbsp Espresso Balsamic
• 2 Tbsp brown sugar
Sprinkle steaks with Sea Salt and fresh cracked pepper. Pour EVOO into the bottom of a heavy, medium sized skillet.
Heat skillet over medium-high heat. Add steaks and cooked to desired doneness, about 4 minutes each side.
Using tongs, transfer steaks to plate; tent with foil to keep warm. Cut steaks into bite size pieces.
Add vinegar and brown sugar to the skillet. Cook until brown sugar melts, stirring continuously until the balsamic is reduced to a glaze. Spoon glaze over the steak bites and serve. Deeelish!
Marinated and Roasted Portobello Mushrooms
Clean mushrooms with a damp cloth and remove stems. Place mushrooms in a sealable container.
Whisk together the olive oil, balsamic, garlic and shallot. Sprinkle in desired amount of Herb Seasoning and fresh cracked pepper and stir.
Pour the marinade over the mushrooms, gently distribute to evenly coat. Leave for 30 minutes to an hour. You can marinate the mushrooms for up to 6 hours.
Gently place the mushrooms stem side up on an oiled baking sheet.
Roast in the oven at 400° for 10 minutes, flip and roast for another 10 minutes.
Serve whole or slice into small strips and drizzle with any excess marinade.
Zucchini & Shrimp Pasta
• 8 oz peeled and deveined shrimp, thawed if frozen
• 4 Tbsp Cosimano Lemon Oil
• 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
• Handful of fresh basil leaves
• 1/4 tsp Sea salt & fresh ground pepper to taste
• red pepper flakes (optional)
• 2 medium zucchini, spiralized or sliced into thin strips
• 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese
• splash of white wine
• spaghetti or tagliatelle
Heat the oil in a heavy skillet over medium heat, then brown the zucchini until lightly browned on both sides. Set aside.
Place a large pot of lightly salted water on to boil for the pasta. Add the pasta and cook to your liking. While the pasta is cooking, add the garlic to the pan the zucchini was cooked in and cook just a minute or two over medium heat until it is fragrant.
Add the shrimp, toss, then add a splash of white wine. Cook over medium heat, stirring often until the shrimp are pink and cooked through, about 5 minutes. Add the zucchini and cook another 1 to 2 minutes to reheat.
Add the basil, salt, pepper, and pepper flakes if using, and keep warm.
Drain the pasta, reserving a small cup of the pasta water, and return it to the pot. Add the shrimp mixture to the pasta and cook a minute or two over high heat adding a little pasta water as needed until it is piping hot. Serve, garnished with parmesan cheese and a sprinkling of chopped parsley.
Pineapple Balsamic Fruit Dip
12 oz. Plain Yogurt
4 serving size package of instant low-cal vanilla pudding mix
1/4 c. Toasted Coconut
3 Tbsp. Light Coconut milk
3 Tbsp. Cosimano Pineapple Balsamic
1½ c. frozen whipped lite topping, thawed
1. In a medium bowl, blend yogurt and pudding mix; stir in balsamic and coconut milk.
2. Fold in whipped topping and toasted coconut. Cover and refrigerate until serving time.
3. Serve with your favorite fresh fruit, cinnamon pita chips, or granola.
Easy, fun and sure to please!
Chocolate Olive Oil Strawberry Cheesecake
2 packages of graham crackers
6 tablespoons of butter, melted
2 tablespoons of sugar
2 8-ounce packages of cream cheese, room temperature
1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
4 tablespoons Cosimano Chocolate Olive Oil
2 tablespoons Cosimano Strawberry Balsamic Vinegar
Chocolate bar shaved
- Put the graham crackers in a large resealable plastic bag and crush them with a rolling pin until very fine crumbs form.
- Pour crumbs into a medium bowl; stir in sugar. Add butter and Cosimano Chocolate Olive Oil, stir until combined.
- Press the crumb mixture into a 9-inch pan, spreading it 1 1/2 to 2 inches up the side; press flat/ Chill crust in freezer at least 10 minutes.
- To make the filling; use an electric mixer set at medium-high speed to beat the cream cheese in a large bowl until smooth.
- Add condensed milk a little at a time, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Beat in the lemon juice, Cosimano Vanilla and Strawberry Balsamic Vinegar.
- Pour the filling into the crust. Smooth the top with a rubber spatula and refrigerate until firm. About 2 or 3 hours.
Shave the chocolate bar on top of the cheesecake and Ta-Da! You have one delicious Cheesecake!
Cranberry Pesto Crostini
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 cup cranberries, sweetened, dried
- 1 tablespoon Cosimano Cranberry Balsamic
- 1 cup fresh Basil, packed
- 1/4 cup toasted walnuts
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup minced Italian parsley
- 1/4 cup your favorite Cosimano EVOO
- 24 baguette rounds or crackers
- Goat Cheese, spreadable, or cream cheese
- Capers for garnish, if desired
- Pulse garlic in food processor until finely diced. Add Cranberries, basil, walnuts, red pepper flakes and Cosimano Cranberry Balsamic. Pulse until blended but chunky.
- Place mixture in medium bow. Stir in parmesan cheese, parsley and oil until blended.
- Spread 1 teaspoon goat cheese or cream cheese over cracker/baguette and top with 1 tablespoon of the Cranberry pesto mixture. Garnish with capers if desired. Feel free to drizzle some Cranberry Balsamic for looks and taste!